Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In the Kitchen- Lasagna

My house is smelling like my Mums house this Sunday morning. We are making lasagna. When I was young my Mum would shoe us out of the kitchen when she was cooking. That was her job and she was damn good at it. She was the best Italian Mamma you could wish for.

I enjoy cooking but I do have to be in the mood. I may or may not be really good at it but I can cook. My Cub loves cooking. I try and get him involved in cooking as much as I can for numerous reasons. When he is in the kitchen with me I know he is not causing mischief in some other part of the house. The help and company is always nice, although sometimes not always helpful. Cooking is something that I want to nurture in him. I want him to be one of those guys who grows up knowing how to cook a nice meal for himself or his other half. I will certainly look forward to him cooking his Mummy a yummy meal.

I made Bechamel sauce for the first time, I didn't have any mozzarella so I thought I would give it a go.

It was a success, my Cub loved it!

1 comment:

  1. We aren't quite there yet, with the kitchen ' help'. :) once of these days soon. I look at my boy all the time and think about all of the qualities and values that I want to raise him with. Love, Joy, Friendship, Gentleness, the list goes on and on. I have no doubt that many years from now you will be enjoying home cooked meals made for you with love by your little man. xoxo

    ReplyDelete